TO BOOK YOUR
At the Kulhay Wellness Clinics we offer a wide variety of therapies to suit your needs. If you have a question regarding any one of these therapies, please contact us for more indepth information.
Alternative Allergy & Environmental Testing
Facial Inhalation Therapy (F.I.T.)
Livecell Blood Analysis (Microscopy)
Massage Therapy (Registered)
Medical Compression Hosiery
Orthotics & Orthopedic Shoes
(1) WHAT IS ACUPUNCTURE?
The intent of acupuncture is to promote health and alleviate pain and suffering. The method by which this is accomplished, though it may seem strange and mysterious to many, has been time vested over thousands of years and continues to be validated today.
The perspective from which an acupuncturist views health and sickness hinges on concepts of “vital energy,” “energetic balance” and “energetic imbalance.” Just as the Western medical doctor monitors the blood flowing through blood vessels and the messages traveling via the nervous system, the acupuncturist assesses the flow and distribution of this “vital energy” within its pathways, known as “meridians and channels”.
The acupuncturist is able to influence health and sickness by stimulating certain areas along these “meridians”. Traditionally these areas or “acupoints” were stimulated by fine, slender needles.
Today, many traditional forms of stimulation are incorporated, including herbs, electricity, magnets and lasers. Still, the aim remains the same – adjust the “vital energy” so the proper amount reaches the proper place at the proper time. This helps your body heal itself.
(2) HOW DOES ACUPUNCTURE WORK?
For millennia, the acupuncturist has been engaging subtle human energies, otherwise known as “Qi”. According to time-tested principles unique to Oriental Medicine, the acupuncturist would assess and adjust the flow and distribution of “Qi” in order to promote health and healing.
So far, modern research has described various physiological shifts following acupuncture, such as beneficial changes in the body’s own natural painkillers, anti-inflammatory agents, immune system functions and hormonal activity.
Despite the powerful technology available today, event the physicists cannot explain exactly how this ancient healing therapy works. Perhaps in the near future, the actual chemic al and electromagnetic events that occur during acupuncture will be described.
| || |
(3) WHY USE ACUPUNCTURE?
In addition to being effective for many acute and chronic common illnesses, acupuncture has much more to offer to those who wish to raise the quality of health & vitality.
Practitioners operate with prevention in mind, attempting to correct small energetic imbalances before they become big health problems. Current health trends emphasizing exercise, proper nutrition, stress reduction and immune system strengthening all validate the life-styles and methods that have always been promoted by advocates of acupuncture.
(4) ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
When performed by a properly and licensed practitioner, acupuncture is safe and effective, free from adverse or addictive side effects. Quite often, a sense of relaxation and well-being occurs during and after treatment.
While undergoing therapy for one ailment, other problems may resolve concurrently. This is a common side benefit that again demonstrates the value of balancing the quality and quantity of “vital energy” within the entire person.
(5) DO THE NEEDLES HURT?
Most people who have had acupuncture would describe it as virtually painless or far less painful then plucking out a hair. The sensation that follow range from nothing at all, to mild tingling, to slight numbness / achiness, to electrical pulsations in areas distant from the site of insertion.
All these sensations usually subside once the needles are removed. The needles used for acupuncture are much smaller than the hypodermic needle, they do not draw blood and solid, not hollow.
(6) WHAT IS TREATMENT LIKE?
Most patients would say “relaxing.” Usually patients leave in less discomfort and are more functional than when they walked in. Sometimes the effects are too subtle to perceive, especially in the beginning of treatment. Yet after 5 to 10 treatments the improvements become more and more apparent.
Back to top
Alternative Allergy & Environmental Testing
- FDA Approved Equipment
- 80-90% accurate
- 15,000 testable items
- 220 foods tested
- Take no antihistamines prior to test
- Water intake required (hydration)
- Also can test environmental allergies, vitamins, organs & more
- Half hour appointment
- Cost $90.00
SYMPTOMS OF ALLERGY
An allergic reaction occurs when the immune system “overreacts” to a common substance like it was an invading organism.
Skin rash, runny nose, watery eyes, gas, bloating, vomiting, and even anaphylactic shock are symptoms of allergy.
SYMPTOMS OF SENSITIVITY
Sensitivities are harder to detect because they are NOT an overreaction of the immune system.
Fatigue, headaches, migraines, mood swings, attention difficulties, muscle and joint aches, sleep disturbances, bed wetting, insomnia, IBS, sinusitis, and weight gain are symptoms of sensitivity.
ELECTRO-DERMAL SENSITIVITY TESTING
Similar to the way a lie detector is used, Electro-dermal testing utilizes electromagnetic frequencies to test for resistance patterns in the body.
This test does not use needles and is safe for all ages and all conditions.
No referral is necessary.
Electro-dermal Testing has been approved for clinical evaluation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as an Investigational Device and is widely used throughout Canada, Europe and the United States.
*PLEASE NOTE: Electro-dermal Testing has been estimated to be 92% accurate. Some testing results may be inaccurate due to multiple layered sensitivities.
After the assessment is complete you will be given a free personalized consultation which includes instructions, time-tested hints and handout materials.
DO YOU SUFFER FROM:
- Constipation, diarrhea, gas or bloating?
- Weight gain / trouble losing weight?
- Difficulty concentrating, fatigue, hyperactivity or insomnia?
- Feeling depressed?
- Muscle and joint pains?
- Skin rash, hives, or acne?
- Headaches, sinus problems, migraines or dizziness?
- Asthma, recurrent bronchitis or ear infections?
- Other symptoms that seem to come and go?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions you may be experiencing symptoms of sensitivity or allergy.
FOOD AND ENVIRONMENTAL ALLERGIES . . .
are often the culprits lurking behind a set of symptoms that cannot be easily diagnosed
Back to top
WHAT IS REAL HEALTH?
You probably hear so many people talking about what their version of what health is, how do you know what the truth is about real health?
Webster’s Dictionary tells is that there are three components of the health formula.
The first is wholeness. Second, all the parts have to be functioning properly. Third, they have to be functioning properly all the time. If you take wholeness + 100% function + the rest of your life = you will be healthy. Since we cannot replace parts of your body that have been removed or permanently damaged, the key to health is function.
Chiropractic focuses on the function of the person as a whole and not just the symptoms the body is presenting. It is very easy to mask the symptoms you are having and that is what many medications do.
Your body’s functioning at 100% is your chiropractor’s goal and should be yours as well.
Your spine is the main supporting member for your skeleton. It provides flexibility, allows motion and gives protection to the spinal cord and spinal nerves. Since your spince is so important, it makes good sense to learn a few basic facts about it. If you take good care of your spine, it will take good care of you.
The spine is made up of 24 moveable bones called vertebrae which are stacked upon each other separated by soft cushions called discs. The discs, along with ligaments and muscles help to hold the vertebrae together.
The spinal cord runs through your psine in a central canal. The spinal nerves leave the cord and exit the spine through a small opening between each pair of vertebrae.
Under certain conditions these vertebrae may show abnormal motion. This is referred to as a subluxation and may be the result of an injury or simply the accumulation of bad postural habits. When a subluxation occurs, the spinal nerves and the joints between the vertebrae may be adversely affected.
The small joints between the vertebrae, called facets, may become inflamed or swollen as a result of irritation. This can produce pain locally or may cause referred pain into an area remote from the subluxation. Eventually this joint may show premature wear and tear. This is called osteoarthritis.
| || |
When a subluxation occurs, the spinal nerve which exits from between vertebrae may be affected. This may reulst in pain and/or numbness in the area supplied by the nerve, or muscle weakness. If the affected nerve supplies one of the internal organs the function of that organ may also be affected.
AND YET . . .
The spine is important and spinal problems may cause great disability. We often persist in misusing the important structure. Proper rest, exercise, nutrition, etc., are all important to the proper function of the spine. Using good posture during daily activities will go a long way towards maintaining the health of your spine.
WHAT IS CHIROPRACTIC?
- The chiropractic profession was established in 1895 and derived its name from Greek word ‘cheir’ and ‘praktikis’ meaning “done by hand”. While chiropractic is considered a relatively young health science, its historical roots can be traced back to early civilizations. Ancient Greeks knew chiropractic principles. Hippocrates, often called the father of medicine, said “ At the sign of disease, look to the spine”. That was in 470 B.C. In fact, ancient Greeks, Chinese, Egyptians and the Aztecs, all have records of treating by hand.
- Chiropractic is a “DRUGLESS”, natural healing approach to help the body achieve a healthier state of well-being. It is based on the premise that good health depends upon a normally functioning system. All body structures such as cells and organs, function by nerve impulses. When the impulses are uninterrupted, the body can function normally. When there is an Interference in the nerve supply malfunction begins. This means the body is being set up for disease.
- The spinal cord has 62 nerves. The spinal cord and the brain are enclosed in a hard, bony structure. Chiropractors recognize that the body contains an innate intelligence that maintains good health. It is this intelligence that gives you the ability to adapt to your environment. The chiropractor does not use drugs or surgery. The chiropractor will give you an ADJUSTMENT. This may also be known as manipulation.
- Chiropractors do not “Crack Your Back”. To crack something is to break it, right? Chiropractors give you adjustments by hand. They apply pressure to those areas of the spine out of proper alignment, or those areas that are not moving within their normal range.
- The philosophy of chiropractic is that ‘the power that made the body, can heal the body’. This life giving power flows through our body via the nervous system and heals it. We were meant to function normally. Think about it – the wisdom that creates a perfect human being in 9 months from 2 cells is capable of running it in a state of health throughout its life.
Back to top
Facial Inhalation Therapy (F.I.T.)
F.I.T. (Facial Inhalation Therapy) is a trade marked procedure formulated by Dr. Katrina Kulhay based on:
(1) Dr. Kulhay’s extensive 23 yrs. of clinical nutritional experience
(2) Scientific accredited research
(3) HEEL Canada inhalation products
(4) The sound principles of Homotoxicology & Homeopathy
The 3 part winning combination of FACIAL INHALATION THERAPY™ benefits are:
- improved facial & skin colour
- accelerated skin tissue repair locally & systemically
- increased overall energy … with proven scientific results!
Dr. Katrina Kulhay, the inventor of F.I.T., will show you on how inhalation of specific skin regenerating nutrients can help develop new skin, faster, better, and with a new youthful GLOW!
F.I.T. Is Used In The Treatment Of:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Gastro-intestinal & bowel concerns
- Immune boosting for colds & flu
- Respiratory conditions (e.g. allergies, asthma, bronchitis & hay fever)
- Sports injuries
- And much more!
- 1 to 3 times per week
- Usually takes 5 to 15 minutes depending on the number of ampoules used
- Patients should breathe normally with deep breaths occasionally—don’t hyperventilate!
IN SUMMARY . . . FACIAL INHALATION THERAPY:
(1) Is ideal for any person attempting to improve their overall health
(2) It can be a stand-alone therapy or used in conjunction with other therapies
(3) For anti-aging, it is ideally used in conjunction with Facial Rejuvenation Cosmetic Acupuncture treatments
(4) It is an excellent method to regenerate and renew skin tissue internally & externally
(5) Patients will GLOW with the results!
Back to top
"YOUR FABULOUS FACE!"
Non-Surgical Face Lifting
Facial Rejuvenationcan be accomplished many ways:
- Peels (glycolic, alpha hydroxy acid, etc.)
- Stimulating Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture Points (via Needles and/or Magnets)
- Non-Surgical Face Lifting Machines
- Facial Laser Machines
- Japanese Organic Green Tea Masks
- Collagen Face Masks, Hyaluronic Serums &
- LOTS of cleansing inside & out!
What Is FACIAL REJUVENATION Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture is an effective way to remove fine lines and wrinkles from the face. It can reduce the signs of aging by revitalizing the skin and providing a more youthful look. Cosmetic Acupuncture will also help to rejuvenate facial tissue by increasing circulation to the area, and by stimulating collagen production, resulting in a healthy, glowing complexion. It is based on the ancient principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and has been used for over 4,000 years. The Chinese have known for centuries that beauty radiates from the inside out. If the internal body is nourished and the energy and blood are flowing smoothly, the external body will reveal this radiance. Results are subtle, but noticeable. Look & feel terrific!
What are the Benefits?
- Reduce or eliminate puffy eyes
- Reduce double chin
- Improve circulation
- Tighten pores
- Reduce / eliminate fine lines & wrinkles
- Reduce or eliminate frown lines
- Increase collagen production
- Raise drooping eyelids
- Lift sagging skin
- Reduce / eliminate dark circles under eyes
How Does It Work?
By inserting very fine, hair-thin, disposable, sterile needles into specific acupuncture points on the face, there is a rush of blood circulation to the specific areas. The skin becomes nourished, oxygenated and moisturized, from the inside out. When there is more circulation, the body produces more collagen and this, in turn, gives the skin more tightness & elasticity, helping to reduce and/or eliminate sagging skin, wrinkles, double chin, dark circles, etc..
What Is The Success Rate?
A 1996 report in The International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture reported that among 300 cases treated with Cosmetic Acupuncture, 98% had marked effects with one course of treatment. The effects included: the skin becoming tighter and lifted, the levelling of wrinkles, improvements in skin tone and complexion, and improvement of the elasticity and general rejuvenation of the skin.
How Many Sessions Are Needed?
Twelve (1) hour sessions of Cosmetic Acupuncture is the recommended protocol in order to achieve optimal results. Two treatments per week over six weeks is most beneficial, or one treatment per week for twelve weeks can show the same results, although at a slower rate. Due to the principles and technique, most patients feel and see benefits with their first session. Noticeable results are seen by the 7th visit. Results last 1 – 3 years with monthly maintenance.
Back to top
Mineral and Metal Tissue Analysis (MMTA) is a scientifically accurate, bio-analytical screening tool and preventative measure that provides educational insight into the way your body works. Hair is much like a mirror or measure of the body and because it is actual body tissue, it provides a memory of the content of all body tissues. Reflecting not only your mineral and heavy metal levels, but your actual nutritional balance and pre-existing patterns towards illness.
Your MMTA will analyze over 20 essential minerals and heavy metals, from a small hair sample. If a mineral deficiency or excess is reflected in your hair, it is an indicator of the mineral deficiency or excess in the biological terrain (cellular level) of your body. This will be revealed in the mineral and metal levels, ratios and nutritional information provided in your personalized MMTA report.
Your MMTA report also reflects minerals that are bio-unavailable (minerals your body can not use efficiently, for a variety of reasons). You may be surprised to learn that most of us are taking too many of the wrong kind of vitamins and supplements, the wrong way. If heavy metal toxicity is determined through your MMTA report, no matter how many super nutrients you take, the body may not be able to absorb and assimilate them in the proper way.
Wouldn’t it make more sense, be healthier and more cost effective to really know which minerals and vitamins to target and why, how often they should be taken, what precautions are necessary, what forms (liquid, powder, capsule or solid) are best suited for your specific wellness needs. Because MMTA can provide you with that early insight, a kind of window into your body, your bio-chemical constitution and rate of metabolic activity can be properly assessed. An individualized nutritional programme, with health professional support can be designed for you, before the early symptoms of dysfunction become permanent liabilities.
- Collect 2 tablespoons of hair sample
- Tests minerals & vitamins
- Comprehensive Report
- 30 page booklet received one month later
- Eliminates the guesswork on which supplements to take
- Cost $125
Back to top
Homeopathy treats the person, not the disease. It is safe for children, the elderly, those with chronic illnesses and throughout pregnancy. Homeopathy stimulates the body’s immune system towards healing itself. It uses safe medicines derived from plants, minerals and animal substances. These medicines are highly diluted to prevent any possible toxic side effects. Homeopathy is a form of ‘Energy Medicine’. It was developed 200 years ago and according to the World Health Organization, homeopathy is now the fastest growing field of medicine.
- Toronto Clinic -
- Erin Clinic -
Back to top
**Only available at our Erin Country Clinic Location**
Did you know that using an infrared sauna:
- Causes weight loss(without having to lift a finger)
- Helps treat cellulites
- Improves your immune system
- Improves your strength and vitality
- Helps cure several skin diseases like eczema, psoriasis and acne
- Strengthens the cardio-vascular system
- Helps control your blood pressure
- Detoxifies your body
- Gives you more energy and relieves stress
- Helps treat burns and scars
- Relieves pain (joint pain, sore muscles, arthritis)
- Helps control your cholesterol level
- Helps treat bronchitis
- Helps treat hives (urticaria), gout, tissue damage, prostate hypertrophy
The infrared sauna benefits include the following:
- Fat-burner: during your relaxing and rejuvenating infrared sauna session, your body sweats and burns calories.
- Pain-reliever: increased blood circulation improves nearly any condition. The delivery of oxygen-rich blood to all muscles and joints stimulates the healing process for all joint and muscle related ailments.
- Detoxification: the deep penetration of the infrared rays into your body and the resonance with your body tissue cells ensure quick removal of body toxins. Your body's natural sweat reaction in the infrared sauna ensures that your skin is deeply purified and that toxins find their way out. Efficiently.
- Skin regeneration: infrared energy is a natural phenomenon. The sun emits infrared energy. Most living creatures emit infrared rays (that is why they can be seen with infrared night viewers). Infrared waves penetrate to the deeper layers of the skin and assist cell replacement and deep cleansing of your skin. Other effects include purging clogged pores of deeply imbedded impurities and dead skin cells. You will be amazed by your glowing radiant skin. The increased blood circulation encourages a healthy flow of nutrients to your skin that helps relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis and burns. Saunas will also encourage the healing of lesions and minor cuts.
- Stress relieve: the warm soothing effect of the radiation will provide immediate benefit to tightened and knotted muscles, leaving the user feeling refreshed and invigorated.
- Cardiovascular fitness: use of the sauna enhances blood circulation, stimulating the perspiration process and in turn increasing the body's heart rate and overall cardiac output. This achieves a similar cardiovascular conditioning as vigorous exercise.
- Boosted Immune System: the infrared heat strengthens the body's immune response, resulting in increased resistance to disease. Recent studies show cold and flu symptoms are reduced dramatically if treated early with infrared heat. Infrared sauna benefits include strengthening of your immune system by raising your white blood cell count.
BEFORE USING AN INFRARED SAUNA
- Ensure that you are adequately hydrated prior to using the sauna. This means that you should drink. Please drink water. Your infrared sauna will assist in weight loss, but it's not a good idea to replenish the lost calories with high-calorie drinks. Drink water.
- Most people allow their sauna ten to fifteen minutes to reach the desired temperature when they turn it on. You can start using the cabin during the time when it is heating up. This allows your body to get used to the increased temperature.
- You can open the front door a bit or open the ceiling vent (if your sauna has one) to allow fresh air to enter. You will continue to enjoy the infrared sauna benefits even while fresh air is circulating through your sauna.
- Place towels on the bench seat and under your feet to absorb perspiration and maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the unit.
- Limit the use of lotions or oils prior to using the sauna, as these products block pores and limit perspiration.
$35 per ½ hour session or Package of 6 sessions for $175
(1) RELIEVES PAIN
The deep heath of our infrared saunas, helps peripheral blood vessels dilate, bringing relief and healing to muscle and soft tissue injuries. Increased blood supply to oxygen-depleted tissues helps reduce pain and speeds up the healing process. When tissue is warm, the muscle is more relaxed, which results in greater flexibility and range of motion.
(2) IMPROVES SKIN
Excessive sweating is achieved after just a few minutes in the infrared sauna. This helps to carry off deeply imbedded impurities, expel dirt, chemicals and slough off dead skin cells from the body's surface. The skin is therefore softer, radiant and immaculately clean.
Increased circulation raws your skin's own natural nutrients to the surface. You will see improved tone, elasticity, texture and fres color. Increased blood circulation has also been shown to reileve acne, eczema, and psoriasis. In addition, wounds heal more quickly, reducing scarring.
(3) CONTROLS WEIGHT
As you relax in the gentle heat of the far-infrared sauna, your body works to produce sweat, circulate blood and burn calories. At 110 degrees Fahrenheit (43 degrees Celsius), stored fat is broken down and becomes soluble. In a single 30 minute session, you can burn up to 600 calories!
| || |
(4) REMOVES TOXINS
The body naturally eliminates stored toxins through sweating. Increased blood circulation stimulations the sweat glands further, helping to release even more built up toxins and waste.
Daily sweating can help detoxify your body, as it rids itself of the accumulated carcinogenic heavy metals like lead, mercury, zinc, nickel and cadmium. As well, alcohol, nicotine, sodium sulfuric acid and cholesterol are eliminated. Heat therapy effectively speeds up the body's natural ability to remove these toxins for improved overall health.
(5) FAR INFRARED SAUNA
Infrared refers to the electromagnetic waves that fall between visible light waves and microwaves. Depending on the wavelength, infrared can be further divided into short-range, mid-range, and far-range waves. The far-range wave has the longest wavelength and the highest efficiency among the three. In fact, the far-range wave provides multiple health benefits to the human body. Infrared heat provides all the healthy benefits of natural sunlight without any of the dangerous effects of solar radiation. Infrared heat is used in incubators in hospitals, to keep new born babies healthy, warm and comfortable.
According to the author of 'Detoxify or Die', Dr. Sherry A. Rogers, sweat is the ONLY proven method of getting the most damaging toxins/chemicals out of the body. Nothing else works! In addition, she indicates that, it also kills unwanted organisms like bacteria and parasites. The Infrared Sauna offers safe, comfortable, dry, low temperature heat to help remove toxins and reverse the true underlying causes of disease.
Back to top
Therapeutic medical lasers heal tissue ailments by injecting billions of photons of visible and invisible laser light deep into tissue structures. Tissue naturally contains protein strands called chromophores and cytochromes located in the mitochondria of a cell, which have the unique ability to absorb laser light energy and transform it into chemical energy for the cell. This chemical energy is utilized by the tissue on a cellular level to significantly accelerate the healing process and reduce pain in the body naturally.
There is an absolute increase in microcirculation, leading to higher rates of cell synthesis, and thus better tissue oxygenation and nutrition.
Over 2,000 clinical studies worldwide have proven the success of therapeutic lasers in the healing of musculo-skeletal conditions.
Therapeutic Laser Biological Effects:
- RAPID CELL GROWTH: Laser light accelerates cellular reproduction and growth.
- FASTER WOUND HEALING: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development and accelerates collagen synthesis in damaged tissue.
- INCREASED METABOLIC ACTIVITY: Higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells and thus greater production of the basic food source for cells, Adenosine Tri-Phosphate (ATP).
- REDUCED FIBROUS TISSUE FORMATION: Laser light reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from: cuts, scratches, burns, or post surgery.
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY ACTION: Laser light reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints to provide enhanced joint mobility.
- INCREASED VASCULAR ACTIVITY: aser light induces temporary vasodilation increasing blood flow to damaged areas.
- STIMULATED NERVE FUNCTION: Slow recovery of nerve function in damaged tissue can result in "dead" limbs or numb areas. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection to bring the numb areas back to life.
Treatable Conditions: FDA approved for Knee Pain
Other Conditions Treated Internationally:
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Heel Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Tennis/Golfer's Elbow
- Knee Pain
- Sprains & Strains
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Pain
- Wound Healing
- Diabetic Ulcers
Back to top
Livecell Blood Analysis (Microscopy)
Your blood carries the life force of your body and it is the river of life pulsing nutrients to the cells and carrying away waste products to be dealt with by the liver and eliminated. Every cell of your body depends on nutrient and oxygen from the blood. Live blood cell analysis is carried out by placing a drop of blood from the client's fingertip on a microscope slide under a glass cover slip to keep it from drying out. The slide is then viewed at high magnification with a dark-field microscope that forwards the image to television monitor.
Both practitioner and client can then see the blood cells, which appear as dark bodies outlined in white. The results are then used as a basis for prescribing supplements. Most of its users are chiropractors, naturopaths, and nutrition consultants. Live Blood Analysis is a simple procedure for obtaining a quick and accurate assessment of your blood. With only a sample, taken virtually without pain from your finger, the test is able to provide a composite of over 25 aspects from your live blood. Darkfield microscopy now allows us to observe multiple vitamin and mineral deficiencies, toxicity, and tendencies toward allergic reaction, excess fat circulation, liver weakness and arteriosclerosis.
Blood is magnified by 30,000 times, giving us the ability to document your condition and monitor your progression while on treatment. The blood is the pathway to the flesh and tells all. Your blood is the best place to evaluate if your therapy is effective. Live Blood Microscopy is an increasingly more popular alternative way of analyzing blood because a person gets to see how their blood is really behaving inside their veins. The blood is not stained or treated in any way. Live Blood Microscopy provides specific information about your health that is not available via the usual pathology blood test. In Live Blood Microscopy, blood stays in good state for 40 minutes so the practitioner can analyze it.
The conventional blood test given by the doctor’s surgery or hospital has disadvantages. Half an hour after the cells are taken from the body, the cells are dead. Therefore, they cannot reveal information that live blood analysis can, such as immune system activity. Live Blood Microscopy amongst many benefits also allows to assess the health and vitality of the immune system based on the type, health of cells and number of white and red blood cells. When examining blood under a microscope, the inter-relationship of body systems contributing to the condition of blood and health of a patient becomes evident.
Unlike conventional tests where venous blood is viewed many hours later after centrifuging and staining procedures, Live Cell Microscopy uses one drop of live blood taken from a fingertip puncture and then views it immediately under the microscope. With the aid of advanced video equipment high magnification and phase contrast lenses, technicians and clients can now see much more than could possibly be seen before. The live blood thus acts as an “educational feedback mechanism” motivating people to improve their diet, supplement and lifestyle habits.
Live Blood Cell Microscopy looks at the quality and condition of the cells, whereas standard laboratory blood tests are generally quantitative. This test is a preventative tool which can indicate imbalances in the body, presence of metabolic by-products, pathogenic microorganisms and pH of the blood terrain. Many of these imbalances can be rectified by improvements in diet, lifestyle and stress management. Improvements and changes are monitored by viewing the blood every few months and acts as a powerful motivator to continue on one's wellness plan. In Germany today, it remains the preferred method of viewing the blood.
Fasting for 8 hours is required for all live cell tests.
Back to top
Massage Therapy (Registered)
(1) WHAT IS MASSAGE THERAPY?
The art and science of massage therapy is the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body for therapeutic effect. A therapeutic massage induces deep muscular relaxation while promoting circulation throughout the body.
Massage gives you a roadmap of stress areas in your body. Many times people don't know how much stress they're carrying until they have a massage; then they're able to feel it and let go of it.
Massage therapists use long, smooth strokes, kneading and other movements focused on superficial layers of muscle using massage oil or lotion.
Massage therapy improves circulation by bringing oxygen and other nutrients to body tissues. It relieves muscle tension and pain, increases flexibility and mobility, and helps clear lactic acid and other waste, which reduces pain and stiffness in muscles and joints.
As the massage therapist stretches and loosens muscles and connective tissues, stress and muscular tension are released. Once you have an awareness of where stress lodges in your body, you can begin to do something about it. You start to educate yourself and your body, and you reverse a negative cycle.
Massage therapy relieves stress. It is thought to help the body's stress response by lowering levels of hormones such as cortisol. Massage therapy also appears to enhance immune function.
| || |
(2) BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
Massage therapy is recommended for:
- Chronic stress relief
- Relief of pain
- Improved Circulation
- Muscle rehabilitation/Increased joint mobility
- Heightened body awareness and energy
- Health Maintenance
In addition, massage therapy may be effective in the treatment of:
- Back, neck and shoulder pain
- Athletic injuries
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Neuralgia including sciatica
- Cellulite Reduction
- Digestive Disorders
- Recurring muscle disorders
Back to top
Medical Compression Hosiery
Dr. Katrina Kulhay will explain:
- Understanding the anatomy and physiology of the vascular system and venous insufficiencies
- Defining the role of gradient compression therapy in the treatment and prevention of venous disease
- Understanding who should wear compression stockings and when
- Describing indications and contraindications
- Demonstrating proper sizing, fitting, and caring for compression stockings
Our clinic addresses lower extremity health problems and the vast therapeutic advantages of compression therapy.
| || |
About Medical Compression Hosiery
Learn up-to-date information on the circulatory system and leg health. Medical grade compression garmets help many patients effectively improve on the venous and lymphatic blood flow of the lower extremities and are used to prevent and treat poor circulation. Compression garments help relieve and control edema, swelling, varicose veins, leg fatigue and other problematic leg conditions.
Dr. Kulhay invites you to learn about a new compression hosiery product!
Who Should Use Medical Compression Hosiery?
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, you should consult a doctor who is trained in Medical Compression Hosiery.
- Moderate to severe varicose veins
- Tired, aching, fatigued legs
- Swollen feet, ankles and legs/Edema
- Expectant mothers
- People who sit or stand for long periods
- Family history of venous leg disorders
- Athletes who want to improve their performance and recover from an injury
Back to top
(1) WHAT IS MESOTHERAPY?
Mesotherapy (also known as meso-lipotherapy) is the exciting new medical alternative to liposuction for spot fat reduction and cellulite treatment.
The procedure is administered through a series of micro-injections to permanently dissolve fat.
Mesotherapy is categorized as belonging to the science of homotoxicology, where illness is considered to be the human body’s defense against toxic substances that want to ruin the natural balance of your cellular system.
Basically, mesotherapy involves injecting a customized cocktail of vitamins, minerals, medications, homeopathics, and amino acids . . . just under the surface of your skin – the mesoderm.
Mesotherapy helps with pain management, eliminate cellulite, anti-aging benefits, promote weight loss, eliminate localized fat deposits.
(2) WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT WITH MESOTHERAPY?
You can expect individualized treatments in each session with minimal downtime afterwards. Proper steps will be taken to minimize downtime and improve results.
(3) WHO SHOULD HAVE MESOTHERAPY?
Generally, healthy adults from 18 to 80 can get a mesotherapy treatment. That includes everyone from athletes to the elderly.
Mesotherapy should not be performed if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant or breast-feeding. Furthermore, if you are diabetic, have a history of stroke, blood clots, heart disease, or bleeding disorders then mesotherapy treatments are not for you.
| || |
(4) WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MESOTHERAPY?
Mesotherapy can reduce fat, eliminate cellulite, diminish the appearance of wrinkles, and contour the body in 5 to 8 weeks. Many patients lost 4-5 inches around the waist, hips, or thighs. When the desired effect is achieved, annual maintenance is recommended over a period of 5-6 weeks.
Even with all of its wonderful results, Mesotherapy is most effective when treatments are combined with a healthy diet and good exercise program.
Much like its cosmetic surgery cousins (liposuction, hair replacement, etc), mesotherapy should not be considered as a replacement for a health lifestyle.
You will need to monitor your diet and exercise for mesotherapy to “work” long-term for you. This means you will have to do your part to ensure greatest results and success.
(5) BEFORE BEGINNING MESOTHERAPY . . .
A ½ hour Naturopathic intake must be done first to access and discuss what are the best treatment options for you
In this session, you can expect a physical exam, an assessment of the areas that you would like treatment, a consultation regarding your expectations and mine to ensure that we both have similar ones.
Mesotherapy can address unwanted fine lines, wrinkles, as well reduce fat and cellulite.
Rest assured that your investment for this non-invasive procedure
will get you long-term results.
Back to top
(1) WHAT IS NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE?
Naturopathic medicine is a primary health care profession focused on prevention and the use of natural treatment optoins to promote healing. It is a system of healing, which seeks to promote health by stimulating and supporting the body's inherent power to regain harmony and balance.
The primary goal of naturopathic treatment is to address the cause of an illness rather than simply treating or suppressing symptoms. While naturopathic care helps to alleviate specific symtoms, naturopathic doctors (NDs) are primarily concerned with addressing the root cause of an illness: the focus is more on the "why" of a disease than the "what".
One principle of Naturopathy is that the body possesses the power to heal itself through its internal vitality and intelligence. Another is that disease is a manifestation of the vital force applying itself to the removal of obstructions to the normal functioning of organs and tissues. The third principle is that naturopathic medicine is a holistic approach to health.
Naturopathic Medicine is a unique and comprehensive approach to improving health and treating illness. Focusing on prevention, and using natural substances and treatments, naturopathic doctors support and stimulate the body’s ability to heal itself. The primary goal of naturopathic treatment is to address the cause of illness, rather than simply treat or suppress symptoms. The patient is seen as a whole person and the naturopathic doctor takes the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual dimensions into account when diagnosing and developing a treatment plan.
| || |
(2) HOW IS NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE DIFFERENT?
Naturopathic medicine offers a customized approach to health care, where treatment plans are tailored to suit individual patients.
Identify & Treat The Causes: In addition to alleviating acute and chronic symptoms of disease, NDs seek to identify and remove underlying causes of illness. Rather than merely eliminating or suppressing symptoms, this approach moves the body toward maintaining an optimal state of health.
Doctor As Teacher: NDs work collaboratively with patients by sharing knowledge and information to create a successful treatment plan. Patients are encouraged to take responsibility for their own health.
Treat The Whole Person: In addition to addressing specific complaints or symptoms, NDs look at the 'whole picture'. The physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental and social factors contributing to the health of each individual patient are thoroughly considered.
Emphasize Prevention: NDs emphasize prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease in each patient. Appropriate interventions can then be made in partnership with patients to prevent illness.
Support The Healing Power Of The Body: The practice of naturopathic medicine recognizes an ordered and intelligent self-healing process that is inherent to every individual. NDs work to identify and remove obstacles to healing and recovery and to facilitate this natural self-healing process.
Back to top
Eating a balanced diet? Here’s why you still need nutritional supplementation
If you’ve been reading any newspaper or magazines over the past year, you’ve probably seen some of these startling statistics:
- 98% of the population are not getting the nutrients their bodies need on a daily basis.
- A single nutrient deficiency can endanger the whole body.
- Today, nine out of 10 people will die from heart disease or cancer, disease that were virtually unknown in the early 1900s.
- Prostate cancer in the U.S. has quadrupled since 1985.
- One out of eight women in the U.S. will get breast cancer, which kills 46,000 women each year.
- The breast cancer death rate has not improved since 1930.
- More than 4,000 people a day have a heart attack in the U.S.
- 80 million people have elevated cholesterol, 60 million have high blood pressure, 41 million have arthritis and 16 million have diabetes.
Now the good news!
Thousands of scientific studies have been published proving that nutritional supplements can have a dramatic impact on your health.
Here are a few examples:
- The trace mineral selenium reduces prostate cancer by 63% colorectal cancer by 58% and lung by 46%. (Journal of the American Medical Association)
- Women with low levels of vitamin E have a five times greater chance of developing cancer than those with a high vitamin E level. Vitamin E also reduces the risk of heart attack by 75% and reduces prostate cancer deaths by 41%.(British Journal of Cancer: The Lancet Journal of the National Cancer Institute)
- Green tea helps to prevent cancer of the stomach, small intestine, pancreas, colon, lung and breast. (Journal of the National Cancer Institute)
- People who consume more than the recommended daily allowance of the vitamins folic acid and B-6 are half as likely to develop heart disease and can cut their risk of colon by 75%. (Journal of the American Medical Association The Annals of Internal Medicine)
- More than 100 studies have shown that people with a high level of betacarotene in their diet and blood are only half as likely to develop cancer in the lungs, mouth, throat, esophagus, stomach, breast, or bladder. (International Journal of Cancer)
| || |
- Zinc supplementation improves sperm count and the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. (Journal of Urology/Drug Development Research)
- Calcium supplementation prevents osteoporosis, reduces symptoms of PMS, reduces colon cancer and lowers blood pressure. (Annals of Internal Medicine: The New York Times, Oct. 1998)
Always tired and feeling like you're running on empty? Need help choosing the right kinds of foods or nutritional supplements?
Nutritional deficiencies rob the body of its own natural resources and can manifest as symptoms such as fatigue, mood swings and insomnia. Many times, these symptoms are taken for granted as a natural sign of aging.
When left unchecked, however, these same deficiencies can contribute to diseases such as arteriosclerosis, high blood pressure, diabetes and arthritis.Scientists now recognize that even mild nutritional deficiencies can create subtle symptoms of disease.
It has been found that through detoxification, dietary improvements and nutritional supplementation, the signs of deficiency can be eased, thus alleviating the sub-clinical symptoms being experienced.
Feel Younger, Healthier and Happier Today!
A Nutritional Counseling Session with Dr. Katrina Kulhay will provide you with specific information that is tailored to your individualized wellness needs. She will help you to understand which foods, vitamins, herbs, and health practices can give you the optimal health and longevity you desire.
- Boosting your energy levels
- Boosting your immune system
- Decreasing nagging symptoms
- Ridding your body of poisons
- Detoxifying and revitalizing your internal organs
- Reducing your risk of disease
Avoid the frustration and high cost of struggling with endless diet books and "quick fixes".
Treat the underlying causes of your health conditions rather than the symptoms.
A Nutritional Counseling Session can save you thousands of dollars, prevent serious diseases, and give you the health and vitality you desire.
So, whether you're healthy and just want to fine tune a vitamin and mineral program, or need help with fatigue, chronic illness or recovery, Dr. Kulhay is here to help!
Back to top
Orthotics & Orthopedic Shoes
KULHAY WELLNESS FOOTCARE orthotics can put “nature back in your shoes”!
|(1) WHEN YOUR HEAD HURTS, COULD IT BE YOUR FEET? |
Yes, it’s true . . . If you suffer from headaches, your feet could be the cause.
Our feet were originally designed to walk on soft ground—that’s why walking barefoot at the beach feels so good. But instead, most of us spend every day walking on hard pavement and floors.
These hard surfaces combined with hard-soled shoes, often cause our feet and ankles to struggle to retain their natural angle. This causes our feet to roll inwards and our arches to flatten.
As a result, we lose our natural footprints that we leave behind at the beach. This condition is called excess pronation and currently, over 50% of the population suffer from it. Sporting activities, prolonged standing and being overweight can make pronation even worse.
As our feet, ankles, and legs attempt to cope with this imbalance, a chain reaction of chronic aches and pains may travel literally from head to toe.
Besides mysterious headaches, these symptoms may include: low back pain, tired aching legs, weak ankles, knee pain, heel spurs, poor posture, bunions and corns. The true cure for these conditions is to treat the cause, not just the symptoms.
(2) THE ANSWER IS TO CLAIM BACK YOUR FOOTPRINT
To restore your natural balance, correct excess pronation and to protect your feet from hard, flat surfaces . . . claim back your footprint! Orthotics can be the answer.
These custom-fitted shoe inserts work quickly and naturally by restoring the entire foot’s structure, both skeletal and muscular, to the correct position. In turn, our ankles and legs regain their natural balance and we regain our footprint.
With orthotics, you’ll claim back the footprint that the modern world took from you.
(3) WHAT IS A CUSTOM-MADE ORTHOTIC?
Prescription orthotics are medical devices that are custom made to correct abnormal foot and leg function.
Orthotics work on the feet the same way braces work on the teeth, i.e. by exerting gentle pressure to bring foot muscles and bones back into proper alignment. They fit comfortably into shoes and are made from custom impression taken from your feet.
Your feet are gently and consistently forced into the correct functioning position for standing, walking and running. Pressure points, improper rotation of the foot, painful knee strain and abnormal forces on the legs, hips, knees and feet are eliminated because orthotics enable your feet to function properly.
(4) HOW DO I KNOW IF I NEED AN ORTHOTIC?
If you suffer from any of these conditions . . .
- Foot pain
- Cold feet
- Callous buildup
- Knee pain
- Low back pain
- Shin splints
- Hip pain
- Foot & leg fatigue
- Achilles tendonitis
- Foot deformities
- Heel spurs
- Flat feet
| ||(5) HOW DOES AN ORTHOTIC HELP MY MOBILITY? |
- Your mobility can be greatly improved by increasing your comfort.
- Foot pain due to bunions, fallen arches or heel spurs can often be reduced or eliminated by wearing an orthotic.
- Low back pain can be due to poor foot mechanics and an orthotic can reduce this problem.
- Knee and hip pain are also affected by your gait and your feet can be helped by an orthotic.
- Stability of the heel and foot greatly affects your balance.
(6) Who Should Have Their Feet & Gait Checked at Kulhay Wellness Footcare?
- SENIORS: To ensure maximum comfort and support for arthritic, diabetic and sore painful feet on hard surfaces. Let’s get walking with comfortable orthotics!
- MOMS & MOMS-to-BE: Hormones cause a woman’s body to change and feet can “spread and flatten” with the added pregnancy weight and lifting children. Orthotics are a natural way to help support all the way!
- CHILDREN:“As the twig is bent, so the tree will grow”. Between the ages of 4-18 years, children’s feet can be corrected and moulded (like braces on their teeth) to grow straight and tall. Have your child checked!
- ATHLETES:Training for any sporting event starts from the ground up. How an athlete runs or walks, will affect their overall sporting performance. Maximize your training results with a computerized foot and gait check-up!
- OFFICE PERSONNEL:Standing on hard surfaces at work and repeated movements can jolt the body and lead to foot, knee and low back pains. Most office insurance plans will cover your examination and your custom-made orthotics. Check out your plan!
Do I Need to Wear Custom Orthotics & Custom-Made Shoes?
10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD BE WEARING
“KULHAY WELLNESS FOOTCARE” ORTHOTICS
- Your feet form the foundation of your total body, allowing support and movement. With over 26 bones, 22 muscles and over 100 ligaments, your feet are engineering miracles!
- A foot with a good arch can support 3 times the weight of a flat foot.
- According to studies, 99% of all feet are perfect at birth. At five years of age, 40% of children have developed problems in their feet and over 80% have problems by age 20.
- If your feet aren’t supporting your body properly, then each step is doing more damage to your feet, your knees, hips and low back.
- Heel spurs are a common result of too much work on collapsing arches. This can be helped with the use of an orthotic.
- Bunion formation is often due to poor mechanics in the movement of your feet. Using an orthotic is part of the treatment of bunions.
- At KULHAY WELLNESS FOOTCARE, we examine your feet, how you walk and your lifestyle to see just what type of orthotic could help you and your feet feel better.
- Our orthotics are custom-made for both you and your type of footwear.
- Our service is professional, offered at home or in your work place.
- Our product is excellent, and stands the test of time!
Our Custom-Made Orthotics are provided by the following companies:
(For more information, please click to visit their websites)
The Orthotic Group
Ontario Orthotic Lab
Premier Orthotics Lab
Back to top
(1) WHY USE SALIVA?
Saliva testing is an easy and non-invasive way of assessing your patient's hormone status and balancing needs and is proving to be the most reliable medium for measuring hormone levels.
Appreciating the reliability of saliva testing is based on understanding the difference between steroid hormones in saliva and serum. This difference is based on whether or not the hormones are bound to proteins in the medium used for testing. The majority of hormones exist in one of two forms: free (5%) or protein bound (95%). It is only the free hormones that are biologically active, or bio-available, and available for delivery to receptors in the body. Those, which are protein bound, do not fit those receptors and are considered non-bioavailable. When blood is filtered through the salivary glands, the bound hormone components are too large to pass through the cell membranes. Only the unbound hormones pass through and into the saliva. What is measured in the saliva is the bioavailable hormone, the clinically relevant portion, which will be delivered to the receptors in the tissues of the body.
Salivary hormone levels are expected to be much lower than serum levels, as only the unbound hormones are being measured. When health care providers measure serum hormone levels and prescribe hormone replacement therapy based on those results, patients are often overdosed. If the patients are then tested using saliva, the results are extraordinarily high, and confusion results from a lack of correlation between the two methods.
This discrepancy becomes especially important when monitoring topical, or transdermal, hormone therapy. Studies show that this method of delivery results in increased tissue hormone levels (thus measurable in saliva), but no parallel increase in serum levels. Therefore, serum testing cannot be used to monitor topical hormone therapy.
(2) WHY TEST HORMONE LEVELS?
Hormones are powerful molecules essential for maintaining physical and mental health. We frequently think of estrogen as being a female hormone, and testosterone as being a male hormone. But men AND women make both, plus several more that need to be in balance for optimum health. An imbalance of any one hormone can throw your physical and mental health out of balance, causing aggravating and even serious health problems.
One size does not fit all when it comes to hormones! For decades western medicine has prescribed Hormone Replacement Therapy as if everyone needed the same thing and the same amount. Nothing could be further from the truth. Your hormones are like your fingerprints and in order to achieve optimal health, you need to know what your specific imbalances are.
There are several ways to test for hormones (saliva, serum and urine), but the state-of-the-art method is through saliva. This is because only the active portions of hormones are measured and it is these portions that determine how individuals feel. So if your patient is seeking bio-identical hormone replacement (BHRT), you'll need to know active hormone levels. In addition, if using a topical (transdermal) hormone preparation for treatment, saliva testing is the most accurate tool to measure and monitor hormone status.
(3) WHO SHOULD BE TESTED?
Men and women concerned with decreasing hormone levels as a result of age. Cycling women experiencing PMS symptoms, perhaps related to a hormonal imbalance. Peri and postmenopausal women concerned with their estradiol and progesterone levels for replacement considerations. Those wishing to monitor their hormone levels following replacement therapy (oral, sublingual or topical), and subsequently regulate their supplement levels.
| || |
Anyone with symptoms involving fatigue, insomnia, stress, immunity problems, blood sugar problems, and overweight should be tested for cortisol levels as well as "sex" hormones.
Men and women of any age who are having symptoms of hormone imbalances should test for all hormones that may be associated with their symptoms. Men and women over the age of forty may want to do a baseline test. Frequent imbalances will be detectable for a time period before symptoms gain attention.
(4) WHICH HORMONES NEED TESTING?
The major sex hormones to assess are estradiol, progesterone and testosterone. The main adrenal hormones are DHEA and cortisol. These five hormones will provide crucial information about deficiencies, excesses and daily patterns, which then result in a specifically tailored treatment approach and one far more beneficial than the old "shotgun" approach. Below is a brief description of each of these five hormones:
Estrogen: there are three forms made by the body: estrone, estradiol and estriol. The form used in past hormone replacement therapies is estradiol, often in the form of concentrated pregnant mare's urine (premarin). It is a proliferative (causes growth) hormone that grows the lining of the uterus. It is also a known cancer-causing hormone: breast and endometrial (uterine) in women and prostate gland in men. It will treat menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, insomnia and memory-loss. With the bio-identical formulas estriol is matched with estradiol (biest) to provide protective effects and additional estrogenic benefits. The other major protector in keeping estradiol from running amok is progesterone.
Progesterone is called the anti-estrogen because it balances estradiol's proliferative effects. It is considered preventive for breast and prostate cancers as well as osteoporosis. In addition too little progesterone promotes depression, irritability, increased inflammation, irregular menses, breast tenderness, urinary frequency and prostate gland enlargement (BPH).
Testosterone is an anabolic hormone (builds tissue) that is essential for men and women. The proper level of testosterone is necessary for bone health, muscle strength, stamina, sex drive and performance, heart function and mental focus.
DHEA is an important adrenal gland hormone, which is essential for energy production and blood sugar balance. DHEA is a precursor to other hormones, mainly testosterone.
Cortisol is your waking day hormone (highest in the morning and lowest at night). It is necessary for energy production, blood sugar metabolism, anti-inflammatory effects and stress response.
Some of the common imbalances identified through testing include estrogen dominance, estrogen deficiency, progesterone deficiency, androgen (testosterone and DHEA) excess or deficiencies, adrenal dysfunction and adrenal fatigue.
(5) FOR MORE INFORMATION
Click the following to open PDF link:
Back to top